Effective: November 1, 2015
What information we collect
When you visit the Sites, WWF Greece and its service providers may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, WWF Greece and its service providers use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Sites, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Sites, and the duration of your visit to the Sites. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
How we collect information
WWF Greece and its service providers collect Personal Information that you provide while using the Sites. For instance, WWF Greece gathers information when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, and advocacy action alerts. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Sites. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you come back to the Sites, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. WWF Greece uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Sites, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Sites. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Sites. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Sites.
- We may use Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other similar technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- When you download and use our mobile applications (each, an “App”), we may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- Information that you provide, such as your preferred means of communication, does not personally identify you unless it is combined with your Personal Information.
- We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How we use collected information
WWF Greece may use your Personal Information:
- To send you information about WWF Greece or WWF Greece partners.
- To personalize your interactions with WWF Greece, such as to customize your web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations, renew your membership, or send you information about a project, as well as to provide membership services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to tour terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our activities.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our partners, our approved vendors, and their service providers.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How can you control collection of your information?
- Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from WWF Greece. Erase all WWF Greece cookies from your hard drive.
- Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Sites may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, WWF Greece will be unable to respond to your request for WWF Greece information, enter you in any sweepstakes or contests, facilitate your action, or send online postcards.
Finally, if you would like to modify Personal Information you have previously provided us in the “Kalyteri Zoi” website, please manage your profile by visiting http://kalyterizoi.gr/user
How can you stop receiving communications from WWF Greece?
If you would like to opt out of receiving content from WWF Greece, you can take the opportunity to opt out in links on the bottom of the emails WWF Greece sends to you.
Does WWF Greece collect information from children?
WWF Greece does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. The Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that WWF Greece learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
The Sites are controlled and operated by us from Greece and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of Greece. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Sites, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including Greece, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Questions / Contact Information
21 Lempesi str, 11743